Florida Statute 408.823 requires additional policies for resident visitation during these circumstances. The visitation policies and procedures required by this statute must allow in person visitation by Essential Caregivers in all of the following circumstances, unless the resident, client, or patient objects:
1. End-of-life situations.
2. A resident, client, or patient who was living with family before being admitted to the provider’s care is struggling with the change in environment and lack of in-person family support.
3. The resident, client, or patient is making one or more major medical decisions.
4. A resident, client, or patient is experiencing emotional distress or grieving the loss of a friend or family member who recently died.
5. A resident, client, or patient needs cueing or encouragement to eat or drink which was previously provided by a family member or caregiver.
6. A resident, client, or patient who used to talk and interact with others is seldom speaking.
PROCEDURE: Tuscany Alf's requires the following procedures to comply with the statute. Before in-person visitation, all Essential Caregivers must adhere to the following procedures:
1. Comply with the Infection control and education policies for visitors. Infection Control policies may require a visitor to wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including properly wear a face mask and other necessary PPE and perform hand hygiene. Staff will provide directions on the proper use of PPE.
2. Policy Consent: Sign this policy acknowledging an understanding of visitation policies. Failure to adhere to the policy may result in suspension of in-person visitation.
3. Submit to a Screening which may include temperatures and/or a questionnaire about health status.
4. Visitation hours will be 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. for essential caregivers (two additional hours). Any visitation outside of those hours will be considered upon request to the Administrator. However, a request for additional vitiation hours in excess of the extended visitation will not be unreasonably refused.
5. While minimizing physical contact and social distancing may be encouraged to limit 2 exposure, consensual physical contact between a resident, client, or patient and the visitor is NOT prohibited.
6. A resident, client, or patient may designate a visitor who is a family member, friend, guardian, or other individual as an essential caregiver.
7. Tuscany ALF's does not require an essential caregiver to provide necessary care to a resident, client, or patient of a provider, and providers may not require an essential caregiver to provide such care.